Wednesday 23 June 2010

Issue 7: Trust your/their imagination

Convener Steve Harper

Participants: Sebastian


Summary of discussion

I wanted to challenge myself by questioning the controlling nature of being in charge. Wanting to make things work rather than trusting participants to come up with stuff.

- asked myself how I could give participants confidence to come up with their own ideas

found TRUST being a word that constantly came up – trusting and being trusted

by trusting – one gives confidence

- also understanding that trusting yourself is vital.

The person who does the wigs at war horse is doing psychology degree so I feel I should credit Di at this point.

She told me about various degrees of competence

Unconcious incompetence – not knowing you are bad at something
Conscious incompetence – knowing you are bad at something
Conscious competence – knowing you are good at something
Unconscious competence – being so good at something that you are not aware that it is a skill

Not sure how this relates to the point exactly but from a personal level – when I have worked with the idiots I feel I am doing stuff that I feel confident in whilst at the same time doing things that I have never done before.

Perhaps this might be a way of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment